GEC.inc has announced that its port of id Software’s DOOM 2 RPG has been successfully completed and is now available to download and play on PC. Originally released for the iPhone and iPod Touch way back in 2010, DOOM 2 RPG is set one year after the events of the original game, and while there’s a lot of familiar elements here, including Marines, Pinkys, and Spiderdemons, the game is also a unique take on the franchise, bringing back the series’ usual FPS gameplay but blending it with turn-based, RPG gameplay mechanics. Players can power up using “Nano Drinks” and loot the corpses of demons and other enemies for items, according to a feature list.
From an Apple Store description:
Choose one of three different characters and get ready to battle through hordes of deadly monsters, including returning favorites such as the Pinky, Cacodemon, and Revenant, as well as new threats like the Sawcubus and Sentinel! Battle towering bosses such as the Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind, or the Pinkinator!
- Sequel to the 2005 mobile hit DOOM RPG. By the creators of the iPhone hit Wolfenstein RPG!
- Battle through 9 maps, spanning the Moon, Earth, and Hell itself. Over 8 hours of gameplay!
- Choose from 3 playable characters, each with different starting attributes and dialogue experiences
- Over a dozen unique weapons to find, plus improvised weapons such as Sentry Bots or even plumbing fixtures
- Eleven different enemy types—each with multiple, increasingly-powerful forms—plus four bosses
- Upgradeable skill attributes allow you to customize your character for maximum lethality
- Hack security systems to open restricted areas, hijack sentry bots, or lower prices on vending machines.
- Power up using Nano Drinks to give you an edge in combat
- Interact with NPCs to get information, solve puzzles and survive the hazardous environment
- Loot the corpses of your foes to find useful items—or junk.
- Auto-mapping feature and mission-tracking PDA functions ensure you’ll never be lost again
- Customizable controls; change the size, style, and placement of the control inputs
- Three levels of difficulty will give players of all skill levels a challenge
- Detailed graphics and complex levels which take advantage of the power of the iPhone
- Bonus digital comic included!
Doom 2 RPG at last. Yes Doom 2 RPG finally on PC as promised years ago come true today.— GEC.inc (@inc_gec) May 7, 2023
You can play it now, download link from Doomworld:https://t.co/afPq0BQ2J1 pic.twitter.com/PJXWR5ariB