Newegg has announced that Nextorage’s NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe 5.0 SSDs are now available for pre-order ahead of their release, which is tentatively scheduled for June 5, 2023. The 1 TB version costs $249.99 and offers maximum read/write speeds of 9,500/8,500 MB/s, and while a 2 TB version is also available, priced at $499.99 with maximum read/write speeds of 10,000 MB/s, both come with what appears to be a beefy cooling solution, comprising a stacked aluminum heat sink design coated with “thermally radioactive black alumite.” Nextorage was originally a Sony subsidiary, but Phison acquired the company in January 2022, according to a press release.
Nextorage Japan 2TB NVMe M.2 2280 PCIe Gen.5 Internal SSD Features
- Interface PCIe 5.0 × 4, NVMe 2.0
- Ultra-fast PCIe Gen.5.0×4 realized max read 10000MB/s max write 10000MB/s . Tested in Nextorage PC environment.
- Optimized cooling structure for stable game play. An aluminum heatsink, coated with a highly thermally radioactive black alumite.
- SLC caching, Advanced wear leveling, Bad block management, Thermal throttling, TRIM, S.M.A.R.T, Over-provision, ECC, End to end data path protection
- 5 years from the purchase date or before writing the maximum TBW (Total Bytes Written.)