Ubisoft is planning to release Assassin’s Creed Mirage on October 12, 2023, according to a new video from a French gamer and YouTuber who purports to know all kinds of unreleased details pertaining to the next mainline game in the popular Assassin’s Creed franchise. The video is in French, but per a translation effort from r/assassincreed’s Maginou, Assassin’s Creed Mirage features some substantial changes from Valhalla and other recent Assassin’s Creed titles, including a smaller map and a more grounded combat experience. A rough drawing of Assassin’s Creed Mirage’s alleged map is presented around four minutes into the video.
From an r/assassinscreed post:
- Estimated release date is october 12
- The game originally was written as a DLC for Valhalla then turned into a standalone as it gained more depths during development
- The gameplay seems to be closer to Origins, lots of gadgets and items to use during mission, the skill tree is smaller with only about 15 skills to unlock, several weapons to unlock with big missions.
- 4 mains assassination target, closer to AC1 as you will have to investigate these targets to know who they are and gain informations before killing them
- Almost complete disappearance of the mythology, apparently no more god-like powers to use during battles
- The story of Bazim starts as a simple thief who come accross an artifact of the First Civilisation
- There is an Isu temple in the Alamut fortress (which is actually said on the AC wiki apparently)
- The map will be a lot smaller than the past few games, only the city of Bagdad and surroundings
- The story will explore how the Order went from “The Hidden Ones” to The Assassins we know
- More stealth, tailing, listening mission etc.
- the Eagle is still here but the Eagle Vision is also back
- Come back of the notoriety system making guards more and more suspicious of you etc.
- No more choosing your character or having dialogue choices, choices that impacts the story
- Don’t expect the parkour etc. to be as great as it was in Unity
- The factions are back like with Ezio, you can recruit thieves, mercenaries etc.
- Not a lot of cut scenes to the present
- The codex is back
From a Ubisoft post:
A shorter, more narrative-driven game than recent entries in the series, Assassin’s Creed Mirage takes place 20 years before the events of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, as players meet a 17-year-old Basim (now voiced by Lee Majdoub) struggling with nightmarish visions and living life as a cunning street thief. Fortunately for Basim, the Hidden Ones (including his mentor Roshan, voiced by Shohreh Aghdashloo) see his potential and help him flee Baghdad to the Hidden Ones’ fortress of Alamut. As he learns their mysterious rituals and powerful tenets, he will hone his unique abilities, discover his true nature, and come to understand a new Creed – one that will change his fate in ways he never could have imagined.
Built as an homage to the first Assassin’s Creed games, Mirage pays tribute to the series’ roots, as players join the proto-Assassin order known as the Hidden Ones and grow to become a master assassin. Baghdad in the ninth century was a bustling metropolis, and it serves as the perfect dense, urban hunting ground as Basim stalks his prey using the series’ largest assortment of tools to date. While they haven’t quite adopted the name “Assassins” at this point in history, make no mistake: The Hidden Ones are a powerful and established order, with resources and the all-important creed to guide them. As Basim explores Baghdad, he’ll be able to get contracts and upgrades from a network of Hidden One bureaus throughout the city, collect clues on his targets, and take them down with swift assassinations.