NEOWIZ, a global game developer and publisher headquartered in South Korea, has launched a Steam demo for Lies of P that allows players to try out the first two chapters of the Pinocchio-inspired, Souls-like action game ahead of its release on September 19, 2023 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC via Steam. According to NEOWIZ, the demo for Lies of P offers hours of gameplay, including challenging boss encounters, introductions to key characters, and unique areas to explore, while NVIDIA DLSS and AMD FSR 2 can also be found in the graphics settings for those who need a performance boost. Lies of P will be available in digital and physical versions, including a deluxe edition that comes with a limited-edition SteelBook, 192-page artbook, and more.
“We’re beyond excited to announce that Lies of P will launch September 19th on console and PC and that fans everywhere can play the demo now,” said Jiwon Choi, Lies of P Project Director. “We hope the experience delivers on our creative approach to the Souls-like genre and interpretation of the Pinocchio lore– and looking forward to seeing the response from our incredible community.”
Lies of P Key Game Features
- A Dark Fairytale, Retold – The timeless tale of Pinocchio has been reimagined with dark and striking visuals. Play as P, a puppet who must fight his way through the fallen city of Krat on his unrelenting journey to find Geppetto and finally become human.
- Captivating Visuals – Inspired by the Belle Époque Era in late 19th Century/early 20th Century Europe, the city of Krat is the epitome of a collapsed city bereft of prosperity, filled with beauty and horror in equal measure.
- Interactive Quests and Multiple Endings – Experience interconnected procedural quests that play out depending on how you lie and affect how the story ends.
- Precise Gameplay – Face many unique combat encounters using a focused, rewarding melee Souls-like combat system and master P’s arsenal of weapons and abilities to overcome the toughest challenges.
- Weapon Assembly System – Combine weapons in a multitude of ways to create something new altogether. Research to find the best combinations and make something truly special.
- “P-Organ” Skill System – Playing as a living puppet has its perks. Change parts of P’s body to acquire new skills and gain an edge in battle. Not all of the enhancements are for fighting though, and some can provide other unique and useful features to help P on his journey.
From a NEOWIZ press release:
Inspired by the familiar story of Pinocchio, Lies of P is an action Souls-like game set in the dark, Belle Époque-inspired city of Krat. Once a beautiful city, Krat has become a living nightmare as deadly puppets run amok and a plague sweeps the land. Play as P, a puppet who must fight his way through the city on his unrelenting journey to find Geppetto and finally become human. Lies of P presents an elegant world filled with tension, deep combat and character customization systems, and a gripping story with interesting narrative choices where the more lies told, the more human P becomes. Just remember: in a world filled with lies, no one can be trusted…
Pre-orders for the digital standard edition come with the “Mischievous Puppet’s Set” outfit, while the deluxe edition adds the “Great Venigni’s Set” outfit, a unique mask, and grants players access to the game three days early! The physical version is presented in an exclusive SteelBook tome-inspired collector’s box alongside a 92-page artbook. Bonus digital items include the original soundtrack and “The Great Venigni’s Set” outfit and a unique mask to be worn to the festival. A physical standard edition is also available.
Equip yourself with everything you’ll need to begin your journey through Krat. The Physical Deluxe Edition will include a limited edition SteelBook®, special costume sets, and a hardback art book. #LiesofP— Lies of P (@Liesofp) June 8, 2023
Pre-order now: https://t.co/cqurlNEDfJ pic.twitter.com/MJ7A1zNhvR