Sapphire_Rapids, a Twitter user who seems to like naked anime ladies, has brought attention to a new post from the ECSM_Official account that suggests Intel will be launching the first of its Raptor Lake-S Refresh CPUs in October. According to a recap shared by Wccftech, some of these chips will offer clock speeds beyond 6.0 GHz, possibly putting the Core i9-13900KS to shame, alongside other benefits that include support for faster DDR5 memory. Arrow Lake-S and Xeon W-2500/W-3500 are also reportedly launching in early 2024 and 2025, respectively.
Intel CPU Launch Schedule
- Raptor Lake-S Refresh “Unlocked” – October 2023 (Unveil at Innovation Event)
- Raptor Lake-S Refresh “Locked” – January 2024 (Unveil & Launch at CES)
- Arrow Lake-S – Late 2024 – Early 2025
- Xeon W-2500/W-3500 – Early 2024
14th Gen Intel Core Raptor Lake Refresh Features
- Same Architecture as Raptor Lake (Raptor Cove P-Cores + Gracemont E-Cores)
- Same Process Node as Raptor Lake (Intel 7 aka 10nm++)
- Higher Clock Speeds Beyond 6.0 GHz
- Support For Faster DDR5 Memory DIMMs
- Much Higher Power Consumption (Close To 300W)
- Compatibility With Existing LGA 1700 / 1800 Socket Motherboards
After the 14th Gen Raptor Lake-S Refresh Desktop CPU lineup, Intel will move on to a new family featuring a brand new CPU architecture and new platform. The Arrow Lake CPUs are expected to be unveiled in late 2024 or early 2025 and there are going to be three chipsets of motherboards.