Sony Electronics has announced that the WF-1000XM5 are now available for pre-order at Sony.com, Best Buy, Amazon, and other authorized dealers for $299.99 MSRP USD/$429.99 MSRP CAD ahead of their release later this week. Coming in black or white color options, Sony says that these are the best truly wireless noise-canceling headphones available on the market today.
“As a music lover and a music creator, the WF-1000XM5 earbuds really surprised me in terms of bass, clarity, and overall dynamic range. I enjoy the ability to personalize and craft my own sound, and these earbuds deliver an authentic music listening experience,” says global singer, song writer, and Sony Music Entertainment artist Miguel. “Plus, the noise canceling gets rid of any unwanted noise.”
Sony WF-1000XM5 Earbuds Features
- Sony’s best ever call quality with AI based noise reduction algorithm and bone conduction sensor.
- Small, light and beautifully designed.
- Smooth switching and a clear Bluetooth signal with a powerful new Integrated Processor V2.3
- Adjusts to the world around you with adaptive sound control, using AI to offer the ideal listening experience.
- Talk and only hear ambient sound using Speak-to-Chat which pauses the music when you start talking.
- Water resistant for everyday use so splashes and sweat won’t stop you4.
- Designed with the environment in mind with construction from recycled plastic materials and 100% paper packaging.
- Battery life up to 8 hours (24-hours with case). Quick charging – 3 min. for up to 1 hour of listening.
Noise cancellation does not get better than the WF-1000XM5 earbuds. The earbuds reduce external noise over a wide bandwidth, from low to high frequencies. It contains two proprietary processors that cancel more external noise than ever, a new high-performance driver unit Dynamic Driver X, dual feedback microphones, and innovative Noise-Isolation Earbud Tips for a more stable fit. Real-time noise canceling processing can be optimized to provide the best performance for your environment so you will hear a big difference especially in airplanes, trains, or buses.
The WF-1000XM5 now feature three microphones on each earbud, including dual feedback mics, which improve low-frequency cancellation performance. Newly developed by Sony, the Integrated Processor V2 unlocks the potential of the HD Noise Canceling Processor QN2e. The unique combination of technology controls the six microphones, across both ears, to deliver unprecedented noise-canceling quality that can be adapted to provide the best performance for your environment.
The specially designed driver unit Dynamic Driver X, able to reproduce lower frequencies, has been improved using a dome-edge separation structure that combines different materials, allowing for a more accurate generation of cancellation waves in lower frequencies.