It’s a good time to be a Final Fantasy fan as Square Enix officially revealed details for Final Fantasy XIV: Dawntrail yesterday. The news comes during this year’s Final Fantasy XIV fan festival in Las Vegas where it was also announced that FF XIV would be coming to Xbox, including this forthcoming expansion pack that is set to arrive in Summer 2024.
Players will get to travel to a new land and its capital to explore new areas, and meet new characters along with a host of additional content. Even though Square Enix officially revealed quite a bit for the expansion it has said there is more to come. Furthermore, the game’s visuals will get an upgrade including high-resolution textures and other visual improvements.
Per Square Enix News Page:
“The new expansion brings with it a wealth of new content. Expect new story, multiple new jobs, sprawling new areas to explore, new allied tribes, new dungeons, new side quests, new Hunts, new Fates, new Treasure Hunts and much more.
Here are just some of the things you can expect:
- Journey to the New World, Tural, and its capital, Tuliyollal
- Explore new areas, including the mountainous Urqopacha and the forest of Yak T’el
- New Allied Tribes, including the diminutive Pelupelu who wear distinctive masks and inhabit Urqopacha
- Level Cap increase from 90 to 100
- Multiple New Jobs
- Core Battle Content including FATEs, Hunts, Treasure Hunts and Sidequests
- New Dungeons
- New Threats, including Valigarmanda
- Duty Support Update
- New Gear and Recipes
- Expansive New Lifestyle Content
- New Variant Dungeons, Alliance Raid, 8-Player Raid and Ultimate Raid
What’s more, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Dawntrail will introduce the game’s first graphical update for both the character and world visuals. Among these enhancements, you’ll see improvements to the screen-wide aesthetic appeal, higher resolution textures and improved material qualities.”