Nixxes Software has rolled out what appears to be the first official patch (v1.728.0.0) for Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, bringing several bug fixes and correcting a few visual anomalies in the PC version of Insomniac Games’ hit PS5 platformer, which released on July 26. The release of the patch follows numerous reports that suggest Nixxes failed at delivering a perfect PC port of the game, with some alluding to memory leaks that result in poor performance on many GPUs, even with NVIDIA DLSS 3, Frame Generation, and Reflex enabled. Insomniac Games and Nixxes Software are still working with AMD to enable ray tracing on Radeon graphics.
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart v1.728.0.0 Patch Notes
- Resolved texture streaming issues that could result in certain textures remaining low resolution.
- Fixed visual issues with water reflections that occurred when ambient occlusion was set to anything other than SSAO.
- Resolved an issue that caused the interact button prompt to remain visible on the screen.
- Fixed a visual issue with weapon previews at the vendor when using ultra-wide resolutions.
- Various bug fixes, stability improvements and optimizations.
Today’s patch addresses issues that have been reported by players since launch. We’ve implemented several bug fixes and corrected visual bugs, including texture streaming issues and visible flickering of water reflections on certain settings.
This patch also implements a change to improve game stability, based on data from our crash reporting system and user reports. We continue to monitor and investigate crash reports and user feedback and are actively working to improve stability with future updates.