AMD has released Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.9.2, which improves performance in the newly released Borderlands 3 by up to 16% on RX 5700 GPUs. It also brings Radeon Image Sharpening to the Radeon RX 590, RX 580, RX 570, RX 480, and RX 470 for DirectX 12 and Vulkan applications.
AMD describes Radeon Image Sharpening as an “intelligent contrast-adaptive sharpening algorithm that produces visuals that look crisp and detailed, with virtually no performance impact.” It could be an easy way of improving visuals on lower-ended Radeon RX cards.
- With v-sync enabled FPS may be locked to 30 on some displays set to 75hz refresh rates.
- System instability may be experienced on some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations when watching video content in a web browser.
- Audio for clips captured by Radeon ReLive may be corrupted or garbled when desktop recording is enabled.
- Radeon Settings may list core clocks as not available with some Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
- Enabling Enhanced Sync may cause game, application or system crashes on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice™ may exhibit texture corruption during later parts of the game.
- Toggling HDR may cause system instability during gaming when Radeon ReLive is enabled.
- Discord™ may experience an application hang on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products when HW acceleration is enabled.
- Display artifacts may be experienced on some 75hz display configurations on Radeon RX 5700 series graphics system configurations.
- Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 may experience stutter on some system configurations.
- Open Broadcasting Software™ may experience frame drops or stutter when using AMF encoding on some system configurations.
- HDMI® overscan and underscan options may be missing from Radeon Settings on AMD Radeon VII system configurations when the primary display is set to 60hz.
- Stutter may be experienced when Radeon FreeSync is enabled on 240hz refresh displays with Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products.
- AMD Radeon VII may experience elevated memory clocks at idle or on desktop.