ASUS added a new variant to its flagship motherboard line. They have improved upon the previous design to further optimize overclocking the new AMD 3990X Threadripper processor. A motherboard for those with deep pockets but should also cover all the bases. The current non-alpha version runs for around $870 on Amazon so WCCFTECH is estimating this variant will likely be about $1000.
Acknowledging the power needs of the 64 core / 128 thread monster they improved upon the VRM design. Upgrading from 16 Infineon TDA21472 to Infineon TDA21490 power stages the VRM design has gone from a 70 amp to a 90 amp rating.
- CPU: AMD sTRX4 3rd generation Ryzen Threadripper processors
- Chipset: TRX40
- Memory: 8 x DIMM up to 256GB DDR4, 4733MHz Quad Channel
- GPU: Up to 3-Way SLI or Crossfire
- Expansion Slots: 4 x PCIe 4.0 (x16, x16/x16, x16/x8/x16, x16/x8/x16/x8)
- Storage 1 x ROG DIMM.2 Module supports 2 M.2 Socket 3 , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support(SATA & PCIe 4.0 x4 mode), 2 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4 mode), 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Series Desktop processors :1 x M.2 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 (PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 mode)*2, Support Raid 0, 1, 10, AMD TRX40 chipset : 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), ASMedia® SATA 6Gb/s controller : 4 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)
- LAN: Intel® I211-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s), Aquantia AQC-107 10G, Anti-surge LANGuard, ROG GameFirst V Technology
- Wireless: Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX200, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth® 5.0, Supports dual band frequency 2.4/5 GHz, Supports 2×2 MU-MIMO, Supports channel bandwidth: HT20/HT40/HT80/HT160. Up to 1.73Gbps transfer speed
- Audio: ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220, Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs, Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel MIC Jack-retasking, High quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output 108 dB SNR recording input, ESS® ESS9018Q2C
- Ports: 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors:4 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s) (4 at back panel, red), AMD TRX40 chipset :2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s), AMD TRX40 chipset : 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 port(s) (3 at back panel, red, 2 x Type-A+1 x Type-C), AMD TRX40 chipset :3 x USB 2.0 port(s), ASMedia® USB 3.2 Gen 1 controller :8 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, blue), ASMedia® USB 3.2 Gen2x2 controller :1 x USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 (up to 20Gbps) port(s) (1 at back panel, , Type-C)
The specs still go on from here but potential buyers can see it does offer just about everything currently available for a motherboard. Some other options include a LN2 mode, 10K Metallic Capacitors, and various I/O shields. Full spec page here.