be quiet! has announced the availability of its latest mid-tier CPU cooler, the Shadow Rock 3. It boasts a cooling performance of 190 W TDP – a 10 W improvement over its Shadow Rock 2 predecessor, as well as a novel design that improves compatibility with taller memory.
While larger CPU coolers have a knack for blocking RAM slots, that’s not an issue with the Shadow Rock 3 and its asymmetrical construction, which comprises five angled heat pipes that shift the cooler to the side, providing ample room for most types of memory. These 6 mm nickel-plated pipes utilize Heat pipe DIrect Touch (HDT) technology to ensure maximum heat transfer between the cooler and CPU.
The Shadow Rock 3 is also a silent worker thanks to the inclusion of be quiet!’s very own Shadow Wings 2 fan. This is a 120 mm PWM high-speed fan that emits just 24.4dB(A) at its maximum speed (1,600 RPM). It’s also pretty sexy looking.
As for compatibility, the Shadow Rock 3 supports Intel’s 200 / 2066 / 1150 / 1151 / 1155 / 2011(-3) Square ILM and AMD’s AM4 / AM3(+) sockets. A high-quality screwdriver is included for easy installation.
be quiet!’s Shadow Rock 3 CPU cooler will be available for purchase early next month. MSRP is $49.50.
- Impressive cooling performance of 190W TDP
- Five 6mm high-performance nickel-plated copper heat pipes with HDT technology
- Silent Shadow Wings 2 120mm PWM high-speed fan
- Emits only 24.4dB(A) at maximum fan speed
- Asymmetrical construction avoids blocking memory slots in front of the cooler
- Elegant brushed aluminum top cover with bi-color surface
- Easily installable installation kit that can be mounted from above
- Three-year manufacturer’s warranty