In today’s review, we focused on overclocking the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition video card. The goal was to find out how well this video card overclocks, how high we can get it, what differences in performance we can observe and the impact of the overclock on power and temperature. This article serves as a baseline for AIB RTX 2060 SUPER cards that we may review in the future as well as future generations of RTX cards at its price point.
Our final overclock results gave us more than a 10% boost across the games we examined during the review at a 1440p resolution. We were able to increase the observed boost clock of the card by 9.6% and the memory clock by 14.3%. This lead to a performance increase across our selection of games of over 10% across the board.
Looking at our final results, one of the other conclusions that we’re able to reach about the GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER Founders Edition is that while the GPU is able to run many games at 1440p with graphic settings cranked all the way up, it falls short in the heavier titles like Red Dead 2 and Metro: Exodus. That being said, for the price, it may be close enough to be a reasonable purchase for the price as it’s certainly got more power than needed to be relegated to the world of 1080p cards.
- Intel 11th Gen Core i9-11900K Appears to Perform Worse Than i9-10900K in Early Gaming Benchmarks
- Intel 11th Gen Core “Rocket Lake-S” and “Comet Lake-S Refresh” CPU Pricing Teased
- The Last of Us HBO Series Gets a Director
- Report: Cyberpunk 2077’s Development Didn’t Fully Begin until 2016, E3 2018 Demo Was “Almost Entirely Fake”
- Scan UK Won’t Be Receiving AMD CPUs for Two Weeks