MSI showed off some their next generation of gaming laptops at CES 2020. One of their product tiers, the Stealth series in particular, caught interest. Initially announced with a 1080p display it boasted a 300Hz refresh rate. At the time not a whole lot of other info was released. That has now changed with a Hong Kong retailer listing MSI’s latest along with a few more specs.
Specifications for the MSI GS66 Stealth 10SG
- CPU: Intel Core i9-10980HK
- RAM: 2 x 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz
- GPU: RTX 2080 Super Max-Q 8GB DDR6
- Display: 15.6″ 1080P @ 300Hz
- Storage: 2TB PCIe M.2 SSD
- USB Ports: 1 x USB 3.2 Type C and 2 x USB 3.2 Type A
- Other Ports: 1 x HDMI 2.0 and 1 x Thunderbolt 3
- Network: WiFi 6 AX1650 DoubleShot Pro and Killer E3100 Gigabit
- Cooling: Cooler Boost Trinity+ featuring 3 fans and 7 heat pipes
- Battery: Four Cell 99 Whr
MSI gaming laptops are not known for being easy on the wallet. Prices for their top of the line tiers can often range from $2000 to well over $5000. The price currently rests around $4200 from the Hong Kong retailer. Some other things to note is that there are two additional M.2 slots. It is also possible that you may be able to expand it from the stock 32GB of ram to 64GB.
The pairing the Core i9-10980KH with the RTX 2080 Super Max-Q could be a perfect match. Intel’s mobile Comet Lake-H processor is an 8C / 16T CPU with a turbo clock up to 5.3GHz. Coupled with NVIDIA’s mobile Max-Q design the RTX 2080 Super should easily reach upwards of 100-300 frames for many games in 1080p. Players will also be able to take advantage of NVIDIA’s ray tracing and DLSS technology. Depending on the Max-Q variant used this GPU will have a TDP between 80W-150W+.