Intel has officially launched its lineup of 10th Gen Core S-series desktop CPUs, which is headlined by “the world’s fastest gaming processor” – the Core i9-10900K. This is a 10C/20T chip that can hit clocks of up to 5.3 GHz with the company’s Thermal Velocity Boost technology. It also supports DDR-2933 memory.
“The i9-10900K processor powers the ultimate gaming experience, allowing more tuning control, faster multitasking and smoother gameplay,” wrote Intel. “The new Intel Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 provides automatic performance boosts on lightly threaded applications, while per-core hyperthreading control allows experienced overclockers to decide which threads to turn on or off on a per-core basis.” Here are some of the CPU’s claimed improvements:
- Up to 187 frames per second for in-game performance while streaming and recording, and up to 63 percent more frames per second in gaming compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Up to 12 percent faster video editing compared with the previous generation, and up to 15 percent faster video editing compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Up 18 percent faster 4K video editing compared with the previous generation, and up to 35 percent faster 4K video editing compared with a 3-year-old PC.
- Up to 31 percent better overall system performance compared with a 3-year-old PC, 10.
Key Features and Capabilities of the 10th Gen Intel Core S-series
- Intel Thermal Velocity Boost: Gamers and creators get an opportunistic and automatic boost across single-core and multicore workloads, with up to 5.3 GHz.
- Intel Hyperthreading Technology: Now across 10th Gen Intel Core i9 to i3 processors.
- Enhanced Core & Memory Overclocking: Gain ultimate control when overclocking your processor and key system components with features enabled by new unlocked and overclockable 10th Gen Intel Core processors.
- Intel Ethernet Connection I225: Now available on the 10th Gen platform, 2.5G Intel Ethernet Connector I225 delivers greater than two times the network speeds of 1GB Ethernet on existing cabling.
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201: Now integrated into 10th Gen Intel Core desktop processors, Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) delivers responsive gameplay, nearly three times faster downloads and more reliable connections. Delivers best-in-class connectivity with the freedom and flexibility to game or create anywhere throughout the home or office.
Intel’s 10th Gen Core S-Series processors will be available via retail channels and OEMs starting in May.