If you thought you were done with Respawn’s Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, think again. To celebrate May the 4th, the developer dropped a big (but free!) content update today that includes various new additions to draw players back to Bogano, Dathomir, Kashyyk, and Zeffo. These include New Journey+ and two battle modes for keeping lightsaber skills sharp: Combat Challenges and Battle Grid, which can be accessed from any Meditation point in the game.
“Combat Challenges will pit Cal against waves of enemies across multiple planetary backdrops from across the galaxy, including the Imperial stronghold Fortress Inquisitorius,” Respawn explains. “Each unique location will feature its own unique challenges, too, allowing for tailor-made experiences that draw from each environment. Different challenges will have different numbers of waves and each will have a three-star completion rating.”
Battle Grid, on the other hand, “is a sandbox for players to create their own encounters. In it, players will be able to select a location, the size of the encounter they want to face, tinker with various difficulty modifiers, and set the overall combat difficulty to one of the four difficulty levels.”
New Journey+ is also available for those who want to experience the story of Fallen Order again. In this mode, players will get immediate access to the lightsaber parts, kyber crystal colors, ponchos, and other aesthetic items they collected during their initial run. It also unlocks a brand-new appearance for Cal: the Inquisitor uniform, which is complemented by a red kyber crystal and two new lightsaber hilts (Protection and Defense I & II). Abilities must be relearned in New Journey+, however.
Respawn’s free update also comes with a variety accessibility changes, as well as bug fixes and tweaks, which are outlined below.
- New Journey + added
- Unlocked after beating the game
- All cosmetic unlocks are carried over
- All lightsaber colours are available from the start
- Exclusive dark side-themed cosmetics available in NJ+
- Inquisitor uniform
- Protection and Defence I & II lightsaber parts
- Red kyber crystal
- Meditation Training game modes added as part of NJ+
- Combat Challenges
- Wave-based game modes to fight against preset enemies
- Battle Grid
- Sandbox-style game mode for players to make their own encounters
- Cosmetic rewards for BD-1
- Combat Challenges
- Button-mashing quick-time events can now be skipped
- Needing to hold the Climb button can now be disabled
- Holding a button to confirm/interact with something can be changed to a button press
- Text size scaling options have been added
Bug Fixes and Tweaks
- Improved transitions between parry and block animations
- The Bog Rats on Bogano were sometimes floating. They should now be more grounded.
- Improved the transitions into and out of jumping and double jumping
- Fixed the issue where Cal could get stuck in an endless falling loop during air attacks
- Fixed the issue that would prevent Cal from progressing his journey when a Bounty Hunter would show up
- Improved overall responsiveness of gameplay and the reliability of actions based on player feedback