MSI has published a blog entry that elaborates on when 300-, 400-, and 500-series motherboards can expect their AMD Combo PI V1 and V2 BIOS updates, which are optimized for red team’s newly announced Ryzen 3000XT-series processors. Owners of 300- and 400-series motherboards will be able to update to the version 188.8.131.52 BIOS in June, while 500-series owners can get the version 184.108.40.206 BIOS by the beginning of July. Here’s a timeline of the roll-out:
The BIOS updates will also provide the following improvements:
- Support discrete graphics card identification, allowing users to successfully enter OS with AM4 CPU (w/o integrated graphics) and without graphics card installed.
- Solve compatibility issues for graphics card and USB sound card.
- Optimize A-XMP memory functions
- Optimize BIOS function – Memory Try It!
- Optimize FCH BCLK-related functions