Acer is prepping a new Nitro XV2 gaming monitor called the XV282K KV. This is a 28-inch, 4K UHD IPS panel capable of 144 Hz refresh rates, which is pretty admirable in itself, but what’s really cool is the inclusion of dual HDMI 2.1 ports. That makes the XV282K KV a good candidate for NVIDIA’s new GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics cards and next-gen consoles (e.g., Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5), all of which flaunt the 48 Gbps specification for higher video resolutions and refresh rates without the burden of compression techniques.
According to PCMonitors.info’s coverage, the XV282K KV utilizes a panel from Innolux’s M280DCA AAS (Azimuthal Anchoring Switch) family. Chinese retailer Taobao has also published a list of its specifications, which include a maximum brightness of 550 cd/m2, viewing angle of 178 degrees, and 95 percent coverage of the DCI-P3 color gamut.
Other features include HDR600 compatibility, AMD FreeSync support, 1-millisecond (GTG) response time, ultra-low motion blur technology, and Display Stream Compression (DSC) 2.0. Acer hasn’t provided any information on pricing and date of availability yet, but Taobao has the monitor listed for release by January 7, 2021 for 8,499 Yuan ($1,248).
- AMD Releases New Ryzen Chipset Drivers (22.214.171.1248)
- Early NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Stock Numbers Seem Depressing
- New Raspberry Pi Compute Module 4 Starts at Only $25
- XFX Radeon RX 5500 XT THICC II Pro 4GB Review
- Watch Dogs: Legion Will Run at 4K/30 FPS with Ray Tracing on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X