Taiwan’s National Communications Commission (NCC) has released a PDF document that contains new photos of Sony’s next-generation console, the PlayStation 5. While its exact dimensions are no longer a secret (the official specification sheet lists a size of approximately 390 mm x 104 mm x 260 mm), the images do a decent job of illustrating just how ridiculously massive it is.
Check out the images below and let us know what you think. Prospective owners will definitely want to double check their entertainment centers, as the PS5 is going to hog up a lot of space. We’re also guessing that the vertical orientation will be very popular (look at how unsightly it is when laid flat).
NCC PlayStation 5 Measurements
Thanks to some colorful comparisons shared by The Verge, we can also confirm that the PlayStation 5 is the biggest console ever made, besting previous monstrosities such as the Xbox and Xbox One. Sony has even managed to eclipse the original design of the PS3 (2006), which has long been ridiculed for looking like an overweight cooking grill.
The PlayStation 5 is also significantly deeper than both of Microsoft’s next-gen consoles, the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S. Look at how puny the Series S looks in the second comparison shot below (green).
Console Comparisons via CompareSizes.com
- Comparison 1, left to right: PS3 60GB, Xbox, Xbox One, PS5 Digital Edition, PS5
- Comparison 2, left to right: PS5 Digital Edition, PS5, Xbox Series S, Xbox Series X
初代PS4（275×53×305mm）も並べてみました pic.twitter.com/hdx65Cungd— 澤田圭(ｷｬﾗｸﾀｰﾃﾞｻﾞｲﾅｰ) (@keisawada) September 20, 2020
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Specifications Confirmed: 4,864 CUDA Cores, 8 GB of GDDR6 VRAM
- NVIDIA’s New GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU (RTX 3070 Ti?) Is Reportedly a 320-Watt Response to AMD’s Radeon RX 6800 XL
- Viking City Builder Is the First RTS with Ray Tracing and DLSS 2.0
- CORSAIR 4000D Tempered Glass Case Review
- VR Nirvana: Samsung and Stanford Create 10,000-PPI OLED Display