Sony Interactive Entertainment has updated the official landing page for the latest installment of its legendary driving simulator franchise, which is in development for the PlayStation 5. According to a feature list, Gran Turismo 7 will support 4K, HDR, and a “targeted” 60 FPS frame rate.
Gran Turismo 7 will also boast quicker loading thanks to the PlayStation 5’s custom, ultra-high speed 825 GB SSD. Apparently, players will be able to browse their garage’s car collections instantaneously, with no wait times.
We’ve copied the complete features list below. Unfortunately, no release date for Gran Turismo 7 has been provided yet.
- Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targetd 60 FPS frame rate.
- Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
- Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.