As promised, Infinity Ward has released a new patch for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that allows PC players to reduce the title’s monstrous, 230+ GB footprint by uninstalling game modes that they have no interest in. According to a post shared on r/pcgaming, a total of 129 GB can be saved if you choose to tick all of the available options, which brings the minimum storage requirement to around 100 GB (the default/full installation size weighs in at 232 GB). Here’s the breakdown:
- Removing Campaign: 34.53 GB saved
- Removing Multiplayer: 42.12 GB saved
- Removing Special Ops (Co-op): 37.83 GB saved
- Removing Campaign + Special Ops: 72.37 GB Saved
- Removing all three: 129.16 GB Saved
Unfortunately for Battle Royale haters, Call of Duty: Warzone is a permanent fixture that cannot be uninstalled. (It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what Activision is hinging the future of the franchise on.)
You’ll find Infinity Ward’s complete patch notes and instructions for uninstalling portions of Modern Warfare following the video break below.
New in this update, PC players can now select which content they’d like installed on their machines. Instructions on how to install specific content below!
Before removing installed content, be sure your Call of Duty: Modern Warfare game is not running, and the game is not updating.
- Open the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Call of Duty: Modern Warfare from the panel on the left.
- Select the Options menu on the upper lefthand portion of the Battle.net Launcher.
- Select Modify Install to open the installation popup.
- Under Game Content, select Modify Install.
- Uncheck the content you wish to uninstall. (Warzone cannot be uninstalled.)
- Special Ops
- Select Confirm.
- Select Start Install.
It is not possible to modify the installed content while updating. If your game is not up to date before you modify your content selection, the size estimates will not be accurate.
Are you on console and want to free up space on your hard drive? Click HERE.
- Ground War
- Deathmatch Domination + Drop Zone
- Gun Game TDM
- HQ Firefight – teams can add to their score by capturing the headquarters and also by getting kills
- Removing Blood Money Quads
- Adding Plunder Quads
- Fix for an issue where the “next unlocks” section was showing attachments out of order
- Fixed an issue where teammates could spawn inside a closed off room on Broadcast
- Fix for a bug where viewing the “Nevermore” execution in the menu could sometimes cause the animal model to get stuck
- Fixed a bug where grenades could fall through the floor in the Foreman’s Office while on Mialstor Tank Factory
- Fixed a lighting issue with the “Gilded Arm” variant from the Season Six Battle Pass
- Fix for an issue where players could experience a crash after reaching wave 45 or higher in Survival mode
- Improved stability for PC
- Increased minimum damage at range on the Kar98 in Warzone
- Reduced minimum damage at range on the SP-R 208 in Warzone
- Fixes to help improve volume levels with War Tracks slider
- Fixes to help prevent players from dying while completing the Subway puzzle
- Fix for a bug where players might not be able to access Bunker 11
- Fixed a gas mask bug when players attempt to complete the Station puzzle
- Fix for a bug where using a self-revive near the doors on the subway train, they will clip out of the train but still be transferred to the next station
- Fix for a collision bug near the entrance of the underground road on the West side of the airport
- If a player dies post doors closing of the subway car, they will be pulled out of gulag by the fast travel system and then pulled back into gulag for a match once it is their turn. This has been fixed
- Fix for an issue where the player’s view could be forcibly moved when exiting a vehicle or parachuting
- Fixed a bug where players could experience a crash after engaging with a Bounty contract