Those hankering for a new VR experience in the Star Wars universe won’t have to wait much longer. ILMxLAB has released an official trailer for its upcoming Oculus Quest 2 game, Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge.
In this action-adventure virtual reality experience, you’ll travel to the planet of Batuu and get caught up in your own unforgettable story. Fight alongside classic characters, and face intimidating villains, as you explore all-new regions and eras of the Star Wars galaxy. With multiple difficulty settings, Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge has been crafted for all types of players and fans.
The experience takes place on the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, the epic land at Disneyland Resort in California and Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. You’ll play as a droid technician operating near Batuu, but when a group of Guavian Death Gang pirates attack you’ll be forced to jettison the ship’s mysterious cargo and head for an escape pod. After crashing on Batuu, you’ll explore the outskirts of Black Spire Outpost, and learn how the actions of one person can change the galaxy.
Noted Star Wars actors Anthony Daniels and Frank Oz have returned to voice their well-known counterparts, C-3PO and Yoda. They are not the only famous names attached to this game. Check out these other veterans of both film, television, and video games.
- Seezeslak, the bartender, is portrayed by Saturday Night Live’s Bobby Moynihan.
- Mubo, the owner of Black Spire Outpost’s Droid Depot, is voiced by none other than Matthew Wood. If you’re unfamiliar with his name, check out his IMDb page. His Star Wars credits are staggering, to say the least.
- Tara Rashin, the Guavian Death Gang leader, is voiced by actress Debra Wilson, whose video game credits include Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order, Call of Duty, and Gears 5.
Industrial Light and Magic is George Lucas’s famous visual effects studio, founded in 1975. ILMxLAB is the entertainment studio that has taken the reigns for this project. It has garnered numerous awards over the years.
We are Lucasfilm’s award-winning immersive entertainment studio, pioneering a new era of interactive storytelling through virtual and mixed reality experiences. Working with acclaimed creators and designers, we create living worlds, inviting you to step inside and become the hero of your own personal adventure.
Based in San Francisco at the Lucasfilm headquarters, we are known for a wide variety of immersive projects, including Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire, Avengers: Damage Control, the award-winning Vader Immortal series, and CARNE y ARENA, the Oscar-winning VR installation directed by Alejandro G. Iñárritu.
Star Wars: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge is an exclusive release for the Oculus Quest and Quest 2. It is set to launch on November 19, 2020. Some sites have also reported that it won’t be available on the Oculus Rift. A price has not been announced.
- DRAM Prices Expected to Increase Due to Power Outage at Micron Plant
- The Witcher: Enhanced Edition DC Is Currently Free to All GOG Galaxy Users
- Sabrent to Launch Massive 16 TB SSD for Consumers
- AMD Reportedly Working on ARM-Based Processor to Compete with Apple’s M1
- AMD Smart Access Memory May Only Work on Zen 3 CPUs