Unlike other Origin to Steam transplants (e.g., Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order), the game will run without EA’s launcher, which is great news for those of you who’d prefer to avoid another, pointless layer of third-party DRM.
“Apex will launch directly with Steam without running Origin,” Respawn engineer Michael Kalas confirmed in a thread on r/apexlegends last year.
Apex Legends players who have racked up a ton of hours on the Origin version can also transfer their progression and unlocks over simply by linking their Steam accounts with EA’s service.
“…if you’ve previously been playing on Origin, you can easily switch back and forth with Steam—all your account progression and unlocks will carry over between the two platforms,” Respawn explained.
Additionally, Steam players will be getting free exclusive gun charms inspired by Valve’s legendary Portal and Half-Life games. All you have to do is log in during Season 7.
Respawn also mentioned that Apex Legends will be coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2021. No exact date was given, but the developer has confirmed that it’ll also feature cross-platform play, the latest seasonal content, as well as “full feature parity” with the other versions of the game.
- EVGA Introduces GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (FTW3, XC)
- Wonder Woman 1984 Will Be the First HBO Max Feature to Be Streamed in 4K HDR
- MSI Announces NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Graphics Cards (GAMING X TRIO, VENTUS, and More)
- ASUS Enables Resizable BAR Support on Z490 Motherboards, Bringing AMD’s Smart Access Memory Benefits to an Intel Platform
- DOOM Eternal Coming to Xbox Game Pass for PC on December 3