NVIDIA has released a new Game Ready Driver (457.09) to celebrate the release of its latest GeForce RTX 30 Series graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3070.
We’re hearing that few were able to get their hands on one when the floodgates opened this morning, but prospective buyers can prep their systems now by installing the driver, which also adds support for numerous games. These include Watch Dogs: Legion, DiRT 5, Ghostrunner, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.
NVIDIA’s new Game Ready Driver also adds support for four new G-SYNC Compatible displays, as well as one-click optimal settings for 16 titles in GeForce Experience. We’ve copied the listings for those below.
Newly Validated G-SYNC Compatible Displays
|MANUFACTURER||MODEL||HDR||SIZE||LCD Type||Resolution||VRR Range|
|Acer||XB323U GX||Yes||32||IPS||2560×1440 (QHD)||48-240Hz|
|Gigabyte||AORUS FI25F||Yes||24.5||IPS||1920×1080 (FHD)||48-240Hz|
New Games Supported By GeForce Experience’s Optimal Game Settings
- Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition
- Baldur’s Gate 3
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (Added NVIDIA Reflex support)
- Call of Duty: Warzone (Added NVIDIA Reflex support)
- Call of Duty: Black Ops – Cold War
- Desperados III
- Fortnite (Added NVIDIA DLSS, NVIDIA Reflex and Ray Tracing support)
- Mafia: Definitive Edition
- Medieval Dynasty
- Pumpkin Jack
- Second Extinction
- Serious Sam 4
- Star Wars: Squadrons
- The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners
- The Wind Road
Open Issues in Version 457.09 WHQL
Windows 7 Issues
- [Notebook][H-Clone]: With the integrated graphics processor as the clone source, display settings cannot be changed from the NVIDIA Control Panel. 
Windows 10 Issues
- [G-SYNC][NVIDIA Ampere GPU architecture]: GPU power consumption may increase in idle mode on systems using certain higher refresh-rate G-SYNC monitors. 
- [Freestyle/Ansel]: After launching and then closing Star Wars: Squadrons, Freestyle/Ansel stops working on supported games.  To work around, reset the NVIDIA Control Panel global 3D settings. Open the NVIDIA Control Panel > Manage 3D Settings page, then select the Global Settings tab, click Restore and then click Yes at the confirmation dialog.
- [Freestyle][Vulkan apps]: With the freestyle filters applied, a blue-screen crash occurs when pressing [Alt+Tab] while running Vulkan applications. 
- [Warzone][RTX 30 series]: Users may see a drop in performance during gameplay. 
- [Sunset Overdrive]: The game may display random green corruption if Depth of Field is enabled from in-game settings. 
- [Forza Motorsport 7]: The curb may display a black strip during a race on certain tracks. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- [Notebook][RTX 2060]: Notebook display may flicker or turn black when Microsoft Hybrid Graphics is disabled. 
- [Notebook]: Some Pascal-based notebooks w/ high refresh rate displays may randomly drop to 60Hz during gameplay. 
You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 457.09 WHQL driver through GeForce Experience. The full release notes may also be found here.