Resident Evil 3 did not fare as well as its predecessor due to numerous changes made from its original 1999 release, but it looks like Capcom and Sony want you to move on as we pick up after the events of Resident Evil 7 biohazard. Sony has put up an official page for Resident Evil Village with both PlayStation 5 features and screen captures. Here’s a brief synopsis for the upcoming game.
Experience survival horror like never before in the eighth major installment in the storied Resident Evil franchise – Resident Evil Village
Set a few years after the horrifying events in the critically acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, the all-new storyline begins with Ethan Winters and his wife Mia living peacefully in a new location, free from their past nightmares. Just as they are building their new life together, tragedy befalls them once again.
PlayStation 5 Features
- Stunning visuals: Explore Resident Evil Village’s beautiful yet terrifying vistas and locales in 4K with Ray Tracing.
- Fast loading: Instantly pick up right where you left off with almost no load times, thanks to the power of the PS5 console’s ultra-high-speed SSD.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the weight and pull of weapon triggers for an even more immersive experience.
- Haptic feedback: Simulate the feeling of firing a real gun with haptic feedback.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Surround yourself with the carefully crafted music and sounds of survival horror in Resident Evil Village. 3D Audio enhances the experience by making you feel the hair-raising sounds coming from every direction.
Puzzles, creepy locales, monsters, and other familiar trademarks are all to be found in Resident Evil Village, which is expected to launch in 2021.