A Japanese company called Tron has collaborated with Capcom for a miniature desktop console called the Retro Station, which comes pre-installed with various classic Street Fighter and Mega Man games. The system comprises an 8-inch 4:3 LCD display capable of 1024 x 768 resolution and an arcade joystick layout painted in Capcom’s yellow and blue branding scheme.
“RETRO STATION’s design was inspired by the MEGA MAN and CRT displays, incorporating CAPCOM classic colors and LOGO,” Tron wrote. “It has 8-inch 4:3 LCD display, well customized joystick and buttons, and two sound system level super bass speakers. You can play the classic games OST while playing games.”
Retro Station owners who want to let a friend join in on the fun can do so by purchasing a separate fight stick accessory, which supports USB Type-C. Otherwise, Tron is also selling a PVP dongle that allows two Retro Station units to be paired together wirelessly.
Retro Station Games
- Mega Man: The Power Battle
- Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
- Mega Man Soccer
- Mega Man X
- Mega Man & Bass (JAPANESE CONSOLE VERSION)
- Street Fighter II
- Street Fighter II’: Champion Edition
- Super Street Fighter II
- Super Street Fighter II Turbo
- Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
Retro Station Specifications
- MATERIAL: ABS Plastic
- SCREEN: 8’ 4:3 LCD Display, 1024×768
- SIZE: (mm)W238 x D270 x H234
- AUDIO: 210W super bass speakers Audio Output: 3.5mm stereo jack HDMI: TYPE-A1
- USB: TYPE-A * 2
Tron’s Retro Station is currently up for pre-order for 21,780 yen, which is around $210. It isn’t clear when the Retro Station will be available in the US, but the company has promised that sales in other regions are coming soon.