Crytek is working on a number of new projects following the release of Crysis Remastered. According to a job posting, one of these is an unannounced AAA title.
Crytek is looking for an Art Director to work on an unannounced AAA title at our Frankfurt, Germany based studio. As Art Director you will be responsible for the visual style, look and feel of the title, as well as managing the art department and ensuring the artistic vision is carried through into the game to the highest quality. You will drive, inspire, and mentor the team in the execution of the visual bar.
It is unknown if this project will be Crysis-related, a sequel for another franchise, or a brand-new intellectual property altogether, but the art director will have major involvement with its creation, ongoing development, and marketing.
- Create and maintain the artistic and stylistic vision of the game from concept to shipping including marketing efforts and IP definition
- Responsible for leading the entire art department including concept art, 3D modeling, FX, and lighting
- Hands-on with team members to mentor, educate, and ensure the direction is met and executed
- Responsible for creating pitches, style guides, and art notes
- Responsible for ensuring the game art is delivered on time and to quality
- Excellent understanding of lighting, mood, composition, and color theory
- Creating, communicating, and executing the visual language for the entire team
- Creating and maintaining the branding of the project as a whole
- Champion exceptionally high visuals and production values
- Ensure game-ready assets adhere to the product vision