Marvel’s superhero films have always been PG-13, but that’s a tradition that’s about to change thanks to Disney’s acquisition of one of the comic world’s most violent, foul-mouthed characters. In a recent interview with Collider, Marvel Studios president and chief creative officer Kevin Feige confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be rated R. He also revealed that the character would officially be part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which means that we could be getting some interesting team-ups popularized by comic series such as Spider-Man/Deadpool.
“It will be rated R and we are working on a script right now, and Ryan’s overseeing a script right now… It will not be [filming] this year,” Feige said. “Ryan is a very busy, very successful actor. We’ve got a number of things we’ve already announced that we now have to make, but it’s exciting for it to have begun. Again, a very different type of character in the MCU, and Ryan is a force of nature, which is just awesome to see him bring that character to life.”
We previously learned that sisters Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin and Wendy Molyneux would be penning the script for Deadpool 3. It isn’t clear whether David Leitch, who helmed the sequel, will be returning for directorial duties. The movie also won’t be shooting until 2022 at the earliest.
- Corsair Launches New Vengeance RGB PRO SL Memory
- Christopher Nolan Reportedly Cutting Ties with Warner Bros. over HBO Max Drama
- Capcom Announces Resident Evil Re:Verse, a Cel-Shaded Online Multiplayer Game
- Resident Evil Village Launching May 7 on Steam, PS5, Xbox Series X|S, and Last-Gen Consoles
- NVIDIA Appears to Have Dropped Its Max-P and Max-Q Branding for GeForce RTX 30 Series Mobile GPUs