Getting stabbed in the stomach by a lightsaber isn’t going to keep a good Jedi down. During a recent interview with Collider, actor Liam Neeson admitted that he’d be open to returning as fan-favorite Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn in Disney and Lucasfilm’s upcoming Obi-Wan series, which will trace the steps of the iconic character following the events of Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith.
Surprisingly, Neeson seems to be blissfully unaware of what kind of following Qui-Gon has among Star Wars fans. Despite dying at the end of The Phantom Menace, a prequel installment that continues to draw criticism decades after its release, there have been plenty of requests for the character’s return beyond what we’ve already seen in spin-offs such as The Clone Wars. Obviously, the character is ripe for cameos based on his ability to appear as a Force ghost.
Neeson, somewhat surprised, asked us if “Star Wars [is] starting to fade away from [the] cinema landscape,” to which we once again confirmed that it is not, in fact, fading away. After informing Neeson about the big plans for all the new Star Wars movies and TV shows, we asked whether he’d be game to appear in, say, a flashback in Obi-Wan Kenobi as Qui-Gon. At the point, a smile spread across Neeson’s face and he answered, “Sure, I’d be up for that, yeah.”Collider
- Valve’s Source 2 Engine Could Be Getting Ray Tracing Support
- Godzilla vs. Kong Releasing Early in Theaters and HBO Max
- Blizzard Rolling Out New Version of Battle.net Launcher
- Samsung Adds AMD FreeSync Premium Pro, Ultrawide Display Modes, and Other Gaming Features to 2021 Neo QLED and QLED TVs
- GIGABYTE Announces AORUS Gen4 7000s SSDs with Up to 7 GB/s Read Speed