Swiss-based PC cooling component company Arctic Cooling has finally decided to update its popular lineup of MX thermal compound products after 10 years. As spotted by momomo_us (via PC Gamer) on Amazon UK, the latest revision—MX-5—echoes its 2010 predecessor with a metal-free solution that is non-electrically conductive, which is great for builders who’d prefer to avoid short circuits and similar risks. We’ll have to wait for Arctic’s official announcement to determine how it truly differs from the MX-4 version, but here’s the description from Amazon.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE: With excellent temperature reduction performance, the MX-5 is ideal for CPU and GPU cooling, and other applications between power semiconductor components and heatsinks
- SAFE APPLICATION: The MX-5 is metal-free and non-electrical conductive which eliminates any risks of causing short circuit, adding more protection to the CPU and VGA cards
- HIGH DURABILITY: In contrast to metal and silicon thermal compound, the MX-5 does not compromise over time. Once applied, you do not need to apply it again as it will last at least for 8 years
- EASY TO APPLY: With an ideal consistency, the MX-5 is very easy to use, even for beginners
- WELL PROVEN QUALITY: The design of our thermal paste packagings has changed several times, the formula of the composition has remained unchanged, so our MX pastes have stood for high quality
“Ensure optimum thermal conductivity with our award winning thermal interfaces,” Arctic’s MX-4 description reads. “Well known for its outstanding quality, our high-performance MX thermal compound is a regular winner in performance tests. It has extremely high thermal conductivity and is easy to apply, even for beginners. Thermal pads in various designs and sizes round out the product range.”
According to its Amazon UK listing, Arctic Cooling’s MX-5 thermal compound will be released on March 15, 2021 for £13.59 in the United Kingdom. It isn’t clear when the product will be available in the United States or other parts of the world.
ARCTIC MX-5 (4 g) – Thermal Compound Paste, Carbon Based High Performance, Heatsink Paste, Thermal Compound CPU for All Coolers, Thermal Interface Material: https://t.co/1xFeMwJoFJhttps://t.co/hyHGwRYEdo— 188号 (@momomo_us) January 19, 2021