AMD has released a new chipset driver that brings general system stability improvements to its various Ryzen platforms. More specifically, version 126.96.36.1991 includes updated AMD Ryzen Power Plan and Processor Power Management Support drivers that enable new modes and performance/efficiency options for Ryzen 7 desktop and mobile processors. The PCI Device and I2C drivers have also been updated with some bug fixes.
AMD Ryzen Chipset Driver Release Notes (188.8.131.521) Highlights
- General system stability improvements.
- The chipset installer .exe help switch is enabled with the command line installation instructions.
- Manual system restart required on Non-English OS after the installation is completed.
- A Windows Installer pop-up message may appear during install.
- The uninstallation log may not be generated in silent mode.
|AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors
|1st/2nd/3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors
|3rd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors
|AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors with Radeon Graphics
|AMD Ryzen Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics
|1st/2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors
|2nd Gen AMD Ryzen Desktop Processors
|7th Gen AMD A-Series Processors
|AMD Ryzen Power Plan / AMD Processor Power Management Support
|– Updated Ryzen 7 desktop setting to support power slider and quiescent mode
– Updated Ryzen 7 mobile slider setting for Better Battery and Better Performance
|AMD PCI Device Driver
|AMD I2C Driver
|– Fixed the Synchronization when there is a delay
– Robust Error Handling in case of ghost interrupt
|AMD UART Driver
|AMD GPIO2 Driver
|PT GPIO Driver
|AMD PSP Driver
|AMD IOV Driver
|New device ID support added
|AMD SMBUS Driver
|AMD AS4 ACPI Driver
|AMD SFH I2C Driver
|AMD USB Filter Driver
|AMD SFH Driver
|Human Object Detection (HOD) feature added
|AMD CIR Driver
|AMD MicroPEP Driver
AMD’s latest chipset driver can be downloaded from its Drivers and Support page here. “To find your chipset drivers, first use the product selector to choose your AMD chipset, the company explained. “Once you have selected your chipset, click the Submit button to be taken to the driver download page.”