Counterplay Games has released a new update for Godfall that allows NVIDIA GeForce owners to enjoy the so-called looter-slasher at its maximum graphical fidelity. Dubbed the “Primal” update, version 2.4.44 enables ray tracing for NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series and RTX 30 Series graphics cards. The update also introduces various gameplay and content additions to Godfall’s Ascension Levels, Primal Items, and Tower of Trials.
“As mentioned in December, we’ve planned to release a free content update in early 2021 called the Primal Update, which offers more challenging content for endgame players and introduces a new loot category called Primal Items,” the developer wrote. “Additionally, there will be a way for you to progress and improve your character even after reaching max level.”
We’ve copied the changes that are specific to the PC platform below. We’ll also note that AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards owners have been able to enjoy Godfall with ray tracing enabled since the game’s 2.0.95 update, which was released a few months back on November 18, 2020.
- Solved an issue where disconnecting your gamepad controller while the Mission Complete menu is on screen would cause the controller to be unresponsive after reconnecting it.
- Solved an issue where selecting an unlocked augment node with a gamepad controller reloads the augment menu instead of opening the list of available augments.
- Solved an issue where swapping between a gamepad controller and a keyboard would cause Sprinting to break if you altered the Sprint Toggle option.
- Solved an issue where the augment tab of the Forge menu cannot be selected by using the keyboard.
- Solved an issue where the Salvage, Favorite, and Lore options were not available when using keyboard arrows to select items.
- Solved an issue where using the spacebar to salvage gear in the “Select Gear to Replace” menu would sometimes cause a softlock.
- Updated many missing mouse button prompts (on mouse-click interactions that had no icons).
- Ray-tracing is enabled for users using NVIDIA cards 20XX and up. Ensure that NVIDIA drivers are at 461.09 or newer along with Windows update version 19041 or newer.
“Aperion is on the precipice of ruin,” a game description reads. “You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.”