German PSU manufacturer be quiet! has announced its latest power supply series, the Dark Power 12. Comprising 750 W, 850 W, and 1,000 W models, the lineup features 80 PLUS Titanium certification, modular cable management, and a “virtually inaudible” frameless fan concept for cooling. Dark Power 12 PSUs also include up to eight PCIe connectors for high-end, power-hungry graphics cards and an overclocking key that lets users combine four 12 V rails into one with high power output.
“be quiet! has achieved [80 PLUS Titanium certification] by implementing the advanced ‘Active Rectifier + Full Bridge LLC + SR + DC-DC’ topology and a wire-free interior design on the DC side,” the manufacturer explained. “Unlike the Pro models, Dark Power 12 does not rely on digital regulation: the active rectifier helps its topology achieve a high efficiency rating on Titanium level. For maximum reliability and signal quality from the four 12 V rails, Dark Power 12 relies exclusively on premium components such as long-lasting Japanese 105°C capacitors.”
Dark Power 12 Series Highlights
- 80 PLUS Titanium efficiency (up to 95.9%)
- Patented frameless Silent Wings fan for virtually inaudible operation
- Revolutionary full mesh PSU front with redesigned funnel shape air inlet upholds the high air circulation abilities
- Overclocking key switches between four 12V rails and one massive 12V rail
- Modular cable management for maximum convenience
- Active Rectifier + full bridge LLC technology provides unmatched signal stability and extremely high power efficiency
- Up to eight PCIe connectors for overclocked high-end GPUs
- Wire-free inside the PSU for enhanced cooling and longevity
- Japanese 105°C capacitors ensure highest stability and reliability
- Ten-year manufacturer’s warranty
- Product conception, design and quality control in Germany
be quiet!’s Dark Power 12 1000-watt power supply will cost $279.90, while the 850-watt and 750-watt versions will cost $239.90 and $199.90, respectively. They will be available to purchase beginning on March 9.