ASRock has announced a Thunderbolt 4 add-in-card (AIC) for Intel 500 series motherboard systems that can connect a 5K/60Hz display or two 4K/60Hz displays over a single cable and supports daisy-chaining of up to five Thunderbolt devices. Based on the Intel JHL8540 Thunderbolt 4 controller, it supports 40 Gb/s data transfer speeds. External connectors include 2 x Thunderbolt 4 Type-C ports, 1 x TBT header, 2 x DisplayPort In ports, and 1 x USB 2.0 header. It also supports charging USB PD 2.0 charging up to 9V@3A (27W). Price and availability have not been announced.
• Intel JHL8540 Thunderbolt 4 Controller
• Delivers breathtaking 40 Gb/s data transfer speeds!
• Single-cable connection for connecting a 5K@60Hz or two 4K@60Hz displays
• Supports USB PD 2.0 charging up to 9V@3A (27W)
• Connecting to any dock, device, or display which includes PCIe, USB, DisplayPort protocols
Sources: TechPowerUp, ASRock