AMD today announced its latest family of graphics products designed for professional usage, the Radeon PRO W6000 series workstation graphics. Comprising three models leveraging red team’s advanced RDNA 2 architecture, the collection is headlined by the Radeon PRO W6800, a powerful workstation graphics card featuring 3,840 Stream Processors (60 Compute Units) and 32 GB of GDDR6 ECC memory. AMD says that the Radeon PRO W6800 offers up to 79 percent faster performance than its predecessor.
|Model||Stream Processors||TFLOPS||GDDR6 ECC Memory||Memory Bandwidth||Memory Interface||Display Outputs|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6800||3840(60 CUs)||Up to 17.83 (FP32)Up to 35.66 (FP16)||32GB@ 16 Gbps||512 GB/s||256-bit||6x Mini-DisplayPort™ 1.4|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6600||1792(28 CUs)||Up to 10.4 (FP32)Up to 20.8 (FP16)||8GB@ 14 Gbps||224 GB/s||128-bit||4x DisplayPort 1.4|
|AMD Radeon PRO W6600M||1792(28 CUs)||Up to 10.4 (FP32)Up to 20.8 (FP16)||8GB@ 14 Gbps||224 GB/s||128-bit||Specific to laptop implementation|
- Award-Winning AMD RDNA 2 Architecture – Built on the advanced 7nm manufacturing process, AMD RDNA 2 architecture introduces an array of advanced features elevating professional graphics to new levels of performance and efficiency.
- Enhanced Compute Units with Realtime Hardware-Accelerated Raytracing – Enhanced Compute Units (CU) with Ray Accelerators offer up to 46 percent faster rendering than Radeon PRO graphics cards based on previous-generation architectures in SOLIDWORKS Visualize 2021. Support for Variable Rate Shading (VRS) delivers real-time photorealistic viewports and rendering.
- AMD Infinity Cache– Up to 128MB of last-level data cache integrated on the GPU die is designed to reduce latency and power consumption, enabling the AMD Radeon PRO W6800 to deliver the highest RDNA workstation GPU performance to date.
- Smart Access Memory – Unlocks higher performance for key professional workloads by giving AMD Ryzen 5000 Series Desktop Processors or select AMD Ryzen 3000 series Desktop Processors access to the entire high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory.
- AMD Radeon™ PRO Viewport Boost – Designed for today’s professional workloads and compatible software to help viewport frames-per-second performance increase with project file sizes.
- Certified for leading professional applications – AMD continues to work with leading professional software application vendors to help ensure AMD Radeon PRO graphics cards are built for demanding 24/7 environments and tested to meet exceptional standards, delivering the stability and reliability required by workstation professionals. The list of certified applications can be found here.
The AMD Radeon PRO W6800 graphics card is available now from leading etailers/retailers for an SEP of $2,249 USD. The AMD Radeon PRO W6600 graphics card is expected to be available from etailers/retailers in Q3 2021 with an SEP of $649 USD. AMD Radeon PRO W6600M GPUs are expected to be available in the HP Fury ZBook G8 mobile workstation in select countries starting July 2021.