Sony has released a new system software update for its PlayStation 5 console and wireless DualSense controller. Version 21.01-03.20.00 improves PS5 system performance and the stability of the DualSense controller, fixes two issues related to the screen reader and the improper listing of hidden titles, and improves the game-copying process from USB to console storage. According to some users, Sony’s new system software update also addresses a DualSense battery indicator bug that resulted in battery life being reported incorrectly.
- This system software update improves system performance.
- We’ve updated the DualSense wireless controller device software to improve stability.
- We’ve fixed an issue that restricted the functionality of some screens when the screen reader was enabled.
- We’ve fixed an issue where games that you’ve hidden on PS4 were not hidden on PS5.
- We’ve made the process of copying games from USB extended storage to console storage in the game library more stable.
An update to the system software for PlayStation 5 consoles was released on 09/06/2021. For the best PlayStation experience, always update your PS5 console to the latest version of the system software.