NVIDIA has released its latest GeForce Game Ready driver. Version 466.77 adds support for green team’s latest Titanium-grade graphics card, the GeForce RTX 3070 Ti, which launched today at an MSRP of $599.99. NVIDIA’s new GeForce Game Ready driver also adds day-one support for Smilegate’s CrossFire HD, as well as new GeForce Experience Optimal Playable Settings profiles for Streum On Studio’s Necromunda: Hired Gun and CI Games’ Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. The release notes and full list of fixes can be found here.
Changes and Fixed Issues in Version 466.77
Fixed Issues in this Release
- [Crossfire HD]: Freestyle is not supported for the game. 
- [Kepler/Turing GPUs]: Blue-screen crash with DPC Watchdog Violation error may occur. [3321668/3321735]
- [VR]: If the GPU is connected to a 4K UHD TV, the system may freeze when launching a VR game. 
- [RTX 20 series][GTX 16/10 series][HDMI]: 4K @ 120Hz display mode is not available from display settings. 
Open Issues in Version 466.77 WHQL
Windows 10 Issues
- [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: Colors may appear incorrect in games if sharpen Freestyle filter is used with HDR enabled. 
- This issue will be resolved in the next NVIDIA driver release.
- [HDR]: Some specific HDMI displays might show some flickering in HDR mode.  If you experiencing flickering issues, reboot the system.
- [World of Warcraft: Shadowlands]: Random flicker may occur in certain locations in the game 
- [Batman Arkham Knight]: The game crashes when turbulence smoke is enabled. 
- [Steam VR game]: Stuttering and lagging occur upon launching a game while any GPU hardware monitoring tool is running in the background. 
- [YouTube]: Video playback stutters while scrolling down the YouTube page. 
- Display may flicker or lose signal when launching a game on an adaptive-sync VRR monitor in multi-monitor configuration when sharing the same display mode 
You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 466.77 WHQL driver through GeForce Experience. If you experience any technical issues with the new Game Ready drivers please post a detailed report on the GeForce.com Driver Feedback Forum, where our Customer Care team can better assist you.