AMD has released its Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 driver. The latest driver adds support for DOOM Eternal’s next-gen update, which debuts today and enables Vulkan Ray Tracing in the fast-paced FPS. AMD’s Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 driver also adds three Vulkan extensions: VK_EXT_custom_border_color, VK_KHR_shader_subgroup_uniform_control_flow, and VK_EXT_color_write_enable, the details of which can be found in the driver notes below.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 Highlights
- DOOM Eternal next-gen update
- Vulkan Ray Tracing
Added Vulkan Support
- This extension allows applications to specify a custom border color for when the sampler address mode VK_SAMPLER_ADDRESS_MODE_CLAMP_TO_BORDER is used.
- This extension exposes the availability of the SPV_KHR_subgroup_uniform_control_flow SPIR-V extension for shader modules use. The SPIR-V extension provides stronger guarantees that diverged subgroups will reconverge.
- This extension allows applications to selectively enable and disable writes to output color attachments via a pipeline dynamic state. This has the potential to reduce pipeline counts for increased efficiency.
- While playing MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries on DirectX 11, visual artifacts may be observed on some AMD Radeon graphics products such as Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- An error message – Error 184 – may be received after running the AMD Auto-Detect and Install Updates utility program on Windows 7 based systems.
- Adobe Substance 3D Painter may freeze while running this application on some AMD Radeon graphics products such as Radeon RX 6900.
- Some users may experience elevated memory usage by AMD User Experience Program. A temporary workaround is to opt-out of the AMD User Experience Program. Learn more from AMD here on how to opt out of the program.
- Resident Evil Village may experience an intermittent application hang or TDR on AMD Radeon VII graphics products in the first mission of the game.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
- Connecting two displays with large differences in resolution/refresh rates may cause flickering on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- An Oculus service error may be received on Radeon RX 5000 & 6000 series graphics products which prevents the Oculus Link setup software from running.
- Radeon performance metrics and logging features may intermittently report extremely high and incorrect memory clock values.
- If Ryzen Master is not detected in Adrenalin software after installation, a system restart may be required.
- If Blue or Black screen is observed in mobile systems, temporarily disable Enhanced sign-in
- A driver mismatch error may appear when two versions of Radeon software (Windows Store & AMD Support versions) are installed on your system. As a temporary workaround, launch the Windows Store version of Radeon software.
- A Blue or Black screen may be observed after updating to the latest Radeon Software. A workaround is to disable core isolation.
- AMD is investigating a D3 code that may be seen in some motherboard after updating to the latest Radeon Software.
- Lower than expected performance may be observed on select AMD Athlon mobile systems.
The Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.6.2 installation package can be downloaded from the following links: