Google has officially launched its latest Pixel smartphones, the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro. Starting at $599 and $899, respectively, both phones feature a distinctive new design with a polished metal unibody, curved glass, and a bar on the back containing what the company says are the most advanced cameras it’s ever built. The Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro are available to pre-order beginning today ahead of their October 28 release.
Both Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have a new 1/1.3 inch sensor on the back. This primary sensor now captures up to 150% more light (compared to Pixel 5’s primary camera), meaning you’re going to get photos and videos with even greater detail and richer color. Both phones also have completely new ultrawide lenses with larger sensors, so photos look great when you want to fit more in your shot.
Pixel 6 Pro also has an amazing telephoto lens with 4x optical zoom and up to 20x zoom with an improved version of Pixel’s Super Res Zoom. There’s also an upgraded ultrawide front camera that records 4K video. You can make use of that wider front camera in Snapchat’s new ultrawide selfie feature. Plus, for instant Snapchat access, the new Quick Tap to Snap feature is coming exclusively to Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro later this year.
Google is also complementing the release of its new Pixel phones with a new subscription service dubbed Pixel Pass. Costing $45 per month for the Pixel 6 and $55 per month for the Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel Pass provides a series of benefits that include YouTube Premium and 200 GB of Google One cloud storage. Pixel Pass also includes Google Play Pass, granting access to games and apps without ads or in-app purchases.
Pixel Pass services:
- YouTube Premium for ad-free watching and background play while using other apps
- YouTube Music Premium for ad-free, uninterrupted listening
- Google One with 200 GB of safe, reliable cloud storage for full resolution photos and videos, Google Store discounts, automatic phone backup and more
- Google Play Pass with access to hundreds of games and apps completely free of ads and in-app purchases
- Preferred Care coverage to cover life’s little accidents with hassle-free device repairs