A new update for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is planned to roll out next week. Update 1.4.1 looks to add a number of new features and bug fixes but also reduce the install size on console and PC. A restructuring of the install files will improve load times and optimize performance while also decreasing the overall needed amount of storage space.
The largest reduction could happen on PC, with the install size decreasing to around 77 GB from 111 GB, making for about 34 GB of freed-up space. The Xbox Series X|S could see as much as 44 GB taken from its install size. The PS5 will have the least amount of regained storage space, with only about 13 GB shaved off. Older consoles will also see a benefit from the update with around 30 GB taken off.
Update 1.4.1 Patch Notes
• Aim Assist (Full, Moderate, Light, Off)
• Level Scaling (Off, Default, Constant, Harder, Nightmarish)
• *NEW* Parry timing window (400, 650, 800 ms)
• *NEW* Brush with Death timing window (300, 400, 600 ms)
• *NEW* Brush with Death Duration (1, 1.5, 2, 2.5 sec)
• *NEW* Detection escape (0.5, 1, 2 sec)
• *NEW* Detection escape while aiming (1, 2, 4 sec)
• *NEW* Search duration (50, 65, 80 sec)
• *NEW* Maximum enemies in search (2,3)
• Closest Opportunity (ON/OFF)
• Icon Distance (OFF/ON)
• *NEW* Viewpoint Synchronization (ON/OFF)
• *NEW* Exploration Beams (Limited/Full)
• *NEW* Unguided Objectives (OFF/ON)
• Improved instances where NPCs could detect players when vision between the player and NPCs is obstructed.
• Reduced the hold time and speed restriction when blending with crowds.
• Resolved some issues that caused players to be instantly detected when they should not have been.