Ubisoft has begun beta testing for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Frontline, and despite an NDA, someone has leaked a 30-minute video of gameplay for it. It is likely only a matter of time before Ubisoft issues a takedown notice for the video. The upcoming title is a free-to-play PvP FPS shooter, which will support cross-play between consoles and PC. It was only just announced in October 2021. As the title is still in development, expectations should be tempered, but so far, it has not received many positive reactions.
The tester notes on their Reddit page how the game feels more like an indie effort than a AAA project from a big developer. From clunky controls to unusual map designs, the game is reported to have a number of challenges. Its interface/menu designs are also questioned.
• Game looks like poo, runs like trash on a 30 series card
• TTK is really quick, half most the time I don’t have time to respond to 3rd parties
• Recoil is similar to CSGO but worse
• Maps are weirdly designed, I be hearing gunshots everywhere but cant face an enemy or just get shot in the map
• Points in Control are suuuper annoying to get, takes very long to get stuff like a sniper, maybe Im just bad idk.
• For some reason I hate the UI, just so chunky and hard to navigate.
EDIT – – –
• Animations are bad, looks like an indie game, Ready Or Not has better sounds and graphics and animations. The many year long game is not an exception.
• Control feel clunky, crouching sort of feels delayed, though the keybinding options are one of the best I’ve seen.
The tester goes on to say that “this game just feels super empty, doesn’t feel like COD, doesn’t feel like a Tom Clancy game, doesn’t feel like CSGO, or Battlefield,” and that it seems to be an amalgamation of many popular titles merged into one. Others have said it seems more like a clone of Call of Duty: Warzone. The only praise was given for its customization options. Ubisoft could use this publicity as constructive feedback to fine-tune the game’s ongoing development.