Starlink has introduced a new service tier called “Starlink Premium” that offers speeds of up to 500 Mbps for an eye-watering price of $500 a month. The faster speeds are made possible by a new, larger dish and high performance antenna, which costs $2,500. Reservations are already open ahead of the hardware’s initial deliveries in Q2 2022.
Highlights (Starlink Premium):
- BIGGER ANTENNA & MORE THROUGHPUT: Designed specifically for high demand users, Starlink Premium helps ensure bandwidth for critical operations even during times of peak network usage.
- HIGHER SPEED, LOW LATENCY: Starlink Premium users can expect download speeds of 150-500 Mbps and latency of 20-40ms, enabling high throughput connectivity for small offices, storefronts, and super users across the globe. With Starlink, there are no long-term contracts, no data caps, and no exclusivity requirements.
- EASY SETUP & PRIORITY SUPPORT: Your Starlink Premium Kit arrives with everything you need to get online including your Starlink, wifi router, cables and base. Starlink Premium is designed for improved performance in extreme weather conditions. Users will also benefit from 24/7, prioritized support.
SpaceX’s new Starlink Premium tier promises up to 500Mbps for $500 a month (The Verge):
- […] the new service includes a larger high performance antenna and advertises speeds of between 150 and 500Mbps (20 to 40ms latency), up from the 50 to 250Mbps (20 to 40ms latency) promised by its regular service.
- Premium also claims roughly double the upload speeds at 20 to 40Mbps, compared to 10 to 20Mbps for the standard tier.
- While the base Starlink service costs $499 for the hardware and $99 a month, Starlink Premium will cost $2,500 for the antenna, and $500 a month.