A group of veteran ex-employees from Activision Blizzard, Ubisoft, LucasArts, Sega, and Sierra has teamed up to form a new company called New Tales. They refer to it as a “one-stop-shop publishing agency” with its own game developer and publishing studios.
Gaming has rarely seen such an exciting time, fuelled by tons of innovation and creativity. However, the frequency of new releases keeps rising rapidly, reinforcing the need for great international publishing. NEW TALES is a one-stop-shop publishing solution where we’re going to work with developers, as one united team, dedicated to maximizing success. We are also building our internal production capabilities to develop our own games and IPs. We are looking forward to joining forces with people who share our values and passion! -Cédric Maréchal (President and CEO)
- President and Chief Executive Officer Cédric Maréchal: Almost three decades of experience within the industry working for companies like Blizzard, Vivendi Games, Sega, and Cryo. Also previously served as International Senior Vice-President of Activision Blizzard.
- Chief Operating Officer Benoit Dufour: Former International Vice President of Activision Blizzard and also worked at Vivendi Games.
- Chief Growth Officer Delphine Le Corre: Previous Senior Director EMEA at Blizzard and also worked at Vivendi Games.
- Chief Content Officer Emmanuel Obert: Former EMEA Director at Blizzard after an initial career at Ubisoft.
Senior Team Advisors
- Kim Gresko: Former Composite Artist at LucasArts and cofounder of Blue Silver Studios.
- Ray Gresko: Previous Global Chief Development Officer at Blizzard and cofounder of Blue Silver Studios.
- Julia Humphreys: Former Overwatch Production Director at Blizzard and Senior Producer at Seven Studios.
The team has worked on such notable titles as World of Warcraft, Star Wars: Jedi Knight, Half-Life, Counter-Strike, Hearthstone, EverQuest, Call of Duty, Sonic the Hedgehog, Diablo, Crash Bandicoot, Overwatch, and more.
Cédric Maréchal told Games Daily, “At New Tales, we have formed a very experienced team (22 years in the industry on average for each team member), and we think we can bring values to developers to maximize success, certainly on helping polishing content, but more importantly on the publishing side.”
The company is based in Paris, France, and he added that their combined experiences have given them a deep knowledge of international publishing strategies along with an understanding of game DNA. The company’s webpage states that it is “already working with partners who share the company’s ambition and values, while also developing its own production capabilities” as it works toward developing its first IP.
Sources: GameDaily.biz, VentureBeat, New Tales