ASUS is reminding hardware enthusiasts that disc-based storage remains alive and well with one its latest announcements, the ZenDrive V1M, an external DVD drive and writer. Featuring a built-in cable-storage design and black finish, ASUS’ ZenDrive V1M can be connected via USB-C, making it a good complement for modern ultraslim laptops that lack disc drives. Users will also find support for M-DISC (Millennial Disc), a type of single-write optical disc that can safely store data for 1,000 years.
ZenDrive V1M (SDRW-08V1M-U) (ASUS)
- Convenient cable storage: No more losses with a built-in 24cm connecting cable.
- USB-C interface: Perfect companion for latest-generation ultraslim laptops.
- M-DISC support: Store your precious photos, videos and data for up to 1,000 years.
- Windows or macOS: Cross-platform support for broad compatibility.
- Drag and burn: Create a disc in just three steps, via intuitive interface. (Windows only)
- Disc Encryption: Hassle-free data protection through password control and hidden-folder functions.
- (Windows only)
- Backup software included: Nero BackItUp enables easy archival of photos, videos or data. (Windows only)
ASUS announces the external DVD burner ZenDrive V1M (Guru3D)
- M-DISC burning technology engraves the recorded data in a patented, rock-like layer that withstands extreme conditions and allows the user to store memories and important data for up to 1,000 years.
- Burning a disc is a simple 3-step process through an intuitive user interface while ensuring powerful and hassle-free disc encryption and data protection through a combination of password control and hidden folder features.
- ASUS ZenDrive V1M is now available for €44.90.