PNY has announced its XLR8 Gaming line of microSD cards aimed at portable gaming consoles and other mobile devices. These new flash memory cards are designed with fast read/write speeds along with modern features for gaming and photography.
The cards come in three sizes: 128 GB ($15.99), 256 GB (28.99), and 512 GB ($59.99). They are capable of sequential read speeds of up to 100 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 90 MB/s. These XLR8 Gaming microSD cards are USH-1 Class 10, U3-rated, and designed for gaming or shooting professional video and photography.
- A2 Application Performance that allows applications to be run directly from the SD card. With A2 Application Performance, the SD card can use functions such as Command Queuing and Cache.
- Compatible with Nintendo Switch, Nintendo Switch OLED, and Nintendo Switch Lite
- V30 Video Speed for sustained speeds and extended 4K video file lengths as well as burst mode for continuous photo taking.
Parsippany, New Jersey, March 1, 2022 – PNY® announced today the XLR8® Gaming line of microSD Flash Memory Cards featuring V30 Video Speed and A2 App Performance to the company’s assortment of microSD cards and gaming solutions. The new XLR8 Gaming line of Flash Memory Cards is the ultimate gaming solution for mobile and portable console gaming on smartphones, tablets, and portable gaming consoles such as Nintendo Switch® devices.1,4
Game at Lightning-Fast Speeds
XLR8 Gaming microSD Cards from PNY are the ideal solution for gamers who demand the best possible performance from their mobile and portable gaming devices. With lightning-fast speeds of up to 100MB/s3 sequential read and 90MB/s3 sequential write, the XLR8 Gaming microSD Cards offer the performance required for mainstream and enthusiast gamers to take their gaming experience to the next level.
Spend Less Time Waiting and More Time Playing
XLR8 Gaming microSD cards are U3-rated and feature V30 Video Speed to ensure a minimum sustained read and write speed, enabling extended lengths of 4K Ultra HD video and burst mode photo. These same specifications make for an incredibly versatile microSD card. Not only do they allow for professional quality photography and videography, but they also allow gamers of all skill levels to quickly download, load, store, and share their favorite games so they can spend less time waiting and more time playing.
Jump into the Action
The XLR8 Gaming microSD cards are equipped with A2 Application Performance, allowing users to jump into the action and run gaming apps directly from the microSD card. It also helps deliver faster app launch and smoother game play performance. A2 Application Performance gives the most dedicated users a competitive edge for the ultimate gaming experience.
Relive and Share Adventures
The XLR8 Gaming microSD Cards are compatible with many microSD-equipped mobile devices such as smartphones & tablets, as well as portable gaming consoles such as Nintendo Switch®, Nintendo Switch® OLED, and Nintendo Switch Lite®1,4. They are available in expanded capacities ranging from 128GB to 512GB2. With faster speeds and greater storage capacity, these microSD cards help users capture, relive, and share their real life and in-game adventures.
Product Line Specifications:
• Capacities: 128GB-512GB2
• Format: microSDXC
• Bus Interface: UHS-I
• Speed Class: Class 10, U3
• Video Speed Class: V90
• Read Performance: Up to 100MB/s3
• Write Performance: Up to 90MB/s3
• Compatibility: Mobile devices such as smartphones & tablets, as well as portable gaming consoles such as Nintendo Switch®, Nintendo Switch® OLED, and Nintendo Switch Lite®1,4
PNY XLR8 Class 10 U3 V30 microSD Flash Memory Cards are available immediately at the below SRP’s; Contact a PNY account manager for details or purchase through www.pny.com and www.amazon.com.
• 128GB: $15.99
• 256GB: $28.99
• 512GB: $59.99
1. © 2022 PNY Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. The PNY logo is a registered trademark of PNY Technologies, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners and no affiliation between PNY and such owners should be inferred. Nintendo Switch®, Nintendo Switch® OLED, and Nintendo Switch Lite® are registered trademarks of Nintendo of America Inc. XLR8 Gaming Powered By PNY is not affiliated with or an official partner of Nintendo.
2. For Flash Media Devices, 1 megabyte = 1 million bytes; 1 gigabyte = 1 billion bytes. Actual useable capacity may vary. Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions, and thus is not available for data storage.
3. Based on PNY’s internal testing; performance may vary depending upon host device. Not all host devices can achieve 100MB/s sequential read and 90MB/s sequential write speeds. 1x = 150KB/sec.
4. Compatible with devices with a microSDXC/microSDUC card slot.