Intel has launched its Arc A380 GPU in China. The Arc A380 is an entry-level GPU aimed at content creators and 1080p gaming with support for DirectX 12 Ultimate features, AV1 encoding, and HEVC and H.264 encode and decode. The reference GPU is clocked at 2,000 MHz with 8 Xe cores and paired with 6 GB of GDDR6 memory. The Xe Display Engine supports up to 4x 4K 120 Hz HDR displays or 2x 8K 60 Hz displays. At 1080p and 1440p, it supports up to 360 Hz, Intel is reporting that the GPU targets ~60 FPS or higher for popular games and a 75 W TDP.
Intel has announced the availability of the Intel® Arc™ A380 graphics processing unit (GPU), the first of its Arc A-series 3 graphics desktop products, providing mainstream gamers and content creators with a new option. The Intel Arc A380 GPU, with 6GB of GDDR6 to support the latest games, will be available from desktop PC ecosystem partners Acer, ASUS, Gigabyte, GUNNIR, HP, and MSI starting this month. The release will begin in China and expand globally during the summer.
Intel Arc A-series 3 graphics desktop products represent the next step in Intel’s journey to bring discrete graphics to market. They are Intel’s first fully featured desktop cards based on the Intel® Xe High Performance Graphics (Xe HPG) microarchitecture.
Intel Arc A-series 3 graphics brings next-generation technologies to mainstream gamers and creators with the most complete technology feature set in this market segment, ready for next-generation workloads:
• The Intel Arc A380 GPU supports the full set of DirectX 12 Ultimate features, including hardware accelerated ray tracing, and delivers fluid 1080p gaming experience at 60 frames per second (FPS) and above with popular titles like League of Legends, Moonlight Blade, Naraka: Bladepoint, and PUBG: Battlegrounds.
• Intel® Xe Matrix Extensions (Intel® XMX) AI acceleration engines enable faster content creation and power Intel’s AI-based super sampling technology, XeSS, which arrives this summer.
• The Xe Media Engine enables the future of video processing with industry-first hardware AV1 encoding acceleration, also supports HEVC and H.264 encode and decode, and is capable of 8K resolution media processing.
• The Xe Display Engine supports up to four 4K 120Hz HDR displays, up to two 8K 60Hz displays, or up to 360Hz for 1080p and 1440p resolutions.
• Intel® Deep Link technologies harness the power of Intel® CPUs and GPUs to unleash new levels of performance and efficiency across a variety of workloads1.
Intel Arc A380 GPUs will be available in China this month through system builders and then as components by original equipment manufacturers, followed shortly by system and component sales in other regions. The Intel Arc A380 GPU, with a recommended customer price of 1,030 yuan including VAT, delivers up to 25% better performance per yuan2 than available competitive offerings as measured by performance on a selection of popular games.
To learn more about the Intel Arc A380 GPU, visit the product page on Intel.com.
As announced earlier, higher performance Intel Arc A-series graphics products will be available this summer.