Project Aces has released a new, free update as part of its ongoing celebrations for Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, which celebrates its third anniversary this year.
Included in Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown’s third anniversary update are fourteen skins, such as the F-14A Tomcat Wardog Skin and F-14A Tomcat Razgriz Skin. Neither of these squadrons should require any introduction for fans of Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, being the game that originally introduced them in 2004.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown’s third anniversary update also features a new call sign in the form of “PHOENIX,” as well as various new emblems, including thirteen based on The Idolmaster, Bandai Namco’s anime/game franchise.
The long-awaited ” Razgriz Squadron” and “Wardog Squadron” skins are now available for the F-14A Tomcat, a playable aircraft added to the TOP GUN: Maverick Aircraft Set, which has been on sale since May 26, 2022. In addition, the “Wardog Squadron” skin for the F-14D Super Tomcat, six skins reprinted from ACE COMBAT 3, four European aircraft skins, and a luminous skin for the XFA-27 have been added to this update.
In addition to the aircraft skins, you can also enjoy one ACE COMBAT 7 3rd Anniversary emblem, three Nuggets emblems, 13 THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON collaboration emblems, and the street name “PHOENIX”.
Here’s everything that Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown players will find in the new update.
- 14 skins
- F-14A Tomcat Wardog Skin
- F-14A Tomcat Razgriz Skin
- F-14D Super Tomcat Wardog Skin
- F-15 S/MTD Dision Skin
- F-22A Raptor General Resource Skin
- F-22A Raptor Dision Skin
- Gripen E Splinter Camo Skin
- Mirage 2000-5 Prototype Color Skin
- MiG-29A Fulcrum UPEO Skin
- Rafale M Shining Wing Skin
- Su-37 Terminator UPEO Skin
- Su-47 Berkut UPEO Skin
- Typhoon Prototype Color Skin
- XFA-27 Glowing Green Skin
- 1 call sign: PHOENIX
- 17 emblems
- 1 type of ACE COMBAT 7 3rd Anniversary Emblem
- 3 types of Nuggets emblems
- 25th Anniversary Nugget -Antares-
- 25th Anniversary Nugget -Warwolf-
- 25th Anniversary Nugget -Reaper-
- 13 types of THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON Collaboration emblems
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: HARUKA AMAMI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: CHIHAYA KISARAGI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: MIKI HOSHII
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: NANA ABE
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: RANKO KANZAKI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: MIKA JOUGASAKI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: MIRAI KASUGA
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: SHIZUKA MOGAMI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: TSUBASA IBUKI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: RINZE MORINO
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: AMANA OSAKI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: TENKA OSAKI
- THE IDOLM@STER STARLIT SEASON: KOHAKU OKUZORA
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown’s third anniversary update is expected to be the final update for the game, as Project Aces has already switched focus to the next installment of the franchise. Series director Kazotoki Kono confirmed last August that a new Ace Combat project was in the works, one that is being built on Unreal Engine 5 with the help of ILCA.
A new team called Bandai Namco Aces Inc. was also established in July to fuel future Ace Combat games. The company “aims to leverage founding partners’ game making expertise and technical capabilities for development of high-end photorealistic game content,” according to Bandai Namco and ILCA’s joint press release.
Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown received a Top Gun: Maverick update in May that added six playable aircraft to the game inspired by Paramount Pictures and Tom Cruise’s hugely successful sequel. It also includes 10 emblems, 38 skins, 12 nicknames, and two additional music tracks for multiplayer missions.
Source: Bandai Namco