Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin has received a new patch, and it includes a welcome feature for GeForce users.
The official patch notes for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin’s 1.12 update can confirm the addition of NVIDIA DLSS, which PC players will find under the System Settings menu after applying the patch. Comments found at r/StrangerofParadiseFFO from early testers would suggest that DLSS is effective at minimizing “insane” slowdown in some portions of the game, such as the evil forest.
The full patch notes are below.
Applicable to Epic Games Store
- Added DLSS settings to System Settings.
Applicable to All Platforms
- A new feature allows use of anima shards and anima crystals from the battle settings screen, allowing players to more easily raise characters’ job levels.
- When browsing a list of rooms, the game no longer freezes when the cursor is moved downward.
- During the tutorial, the follow-up attack after using soul shield is no longer unsuccessful.
- Chain cancel now works as intended after unleashing any enemy attack.
- Apocalypse warrior’s job action: Light’s end
- Follow-up attacks are no longer recognized as regular attacks.
- Follow-up attacks no longer remain on-screen.
- Effects are now applied to all abilities when using command abilities seal of blood and divine sigil.
- The extended duration of status ailments and debuffs (with the exception of paralysis) has been amended for the command ability jubaku.
- For the class change properties of the merciless champion and gladiator, after landing a job action, parrying an attack now triggers combo abilities.
- Job affinity bonuses and certain other effects that affect command abilities no longer affect job actions.
- During multiplayer, job affinity bonuses and effects that trigger when afflicted with status ailments are now always applied (such as with the red mage and shadowmaster jobs).
- The cyclic warrior’s job affinity bonus divine punishment now affects chaosbringer.
- Jed no longer stops moving when resonance is activated with ninja as his selected job.
- Fixed issue causing increased poison damage to certain enemies.
- After destroying the body part of a boss with destructible parts, such as Tiamat and Dragon Zombie, continued attacks will no longer target said part.
- The effects of stun and poison spells against the Ur-Dragon King now accumulate as intended.
- Other various bug fixes.
Announced in June 2021, Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin is an action RPG made in collaboration with Team NINJA, the developers behind the Ninja Gaiden and Nioh series. The game launched for PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC via the Epic Games Store on March 18, 2022.
Trials of the Dragon, the first expansion for Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin, was released last month. It is described as “an original story that takes place after the events of the main game, when Jack and his friends visit an island in the Cardian Archipelago to investigate the sudden appearance of Bahamut and to determine whether it is a friend or foe.”
Source: Square Enix