Unrailed! is currently available at no cost through the Epic Games Store.
Developed by Indoor Astronaut and published by Daedalic Entertainment and China’s bilibili, Unrailed! is a “chaotic” co-op title in which up to four players can build train tracks with their friends. The game will be available to claim from the Epic Games Store until August 11, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. (EST).
One of Unrailed!’s bigger highlights is procedurally generated worlds, per Indoor Astronaut’s description for the game:
Unrailed! is a chaotic online and couch co-op multiplayer railroad construction game where you work together with your friends as a team to build a train track across endless procedurally generated worlds. Master encounters with its inhabitants, upgrade your train and keep it from derailing!
Gather resources and craft tracks to extend your railroad to prevent your train from reaching the end. But watch out – there is only one tool of each type. Co-operation and co-ordination of your team is essential to survive this increasingly challenging journey!
Other features of Unrailed! include:
- An intense and chaotic railroad construction experience
- Online and local couch co-op multiplayer (also mixing both possible)
- Procedurally generated worlds with 4 different difficulty levels
- Dynamic weather system & day and night cycle
- Game modes: Endless, Quick, Sandbox (up to 4 players) and Versus (2 vs 2 players)
- Distinct biomes (5+)
- A bunch of upgradable wagons (10+) to modify your train in Endless mode
- Unlockable characters
- A replay system
- Online highscores with replays
- Simple controls & split keyboard and split controller mode
- Blocky to the core
Indoor Astronaut’s other projects include Marscape, which is currently in development. The game is described as a “survival management simulator,” one that tasks players with making sure that their astronauts survive on Mars. “Produce enough resources, build facilities, explore the environment and brave the harsh weather until you are rescued,” a description reads.
The Epic Games Store’s next freebie is Cook, Serve, Delicious! 3?!, a “relentless and strategic kitchen management game” from the developers at Vertigo Gaming Inc.
Source: Epic Games Store