The Tech Chap has released 8K gaming benchmarks for the GeForce RTX 4090, offering a look at how NVIDIA’s new flagship graphics card might handle some of today’s hottest games in the demanding 7680 × 4320 resolution.
Among the titles tested is Blizzard’s recently launched free-to-play competitive FPS, Overwatch 2, which can be seen hitting impressive frame rates of up to 520 FPS in 8K under the Ultra setting with NVIDIA’s powerful Ada Lovelace GPU.
The GeForce RTX 4090 can also deliver frame rates of over 60 FPS in Microsoft Flight Simulator and Cyberpunk 2077 at 8K under higher settings, although they appear to lean on NVIDIA’s new upscaling technology, DLSS 3, in order to do so.
Some of the hardware involved:
- AMD Ryzen 9 7950X processor
- ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Hero motherboard
- Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5-6200 memory (32 GB)
- Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Display Liquid CPU Cooler
- WD_BLACK SN850X NVMe SSD (2 TB)
- Sabrent Rocket Q NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 SSD (4 TB)
- Corsair HX 1000 power supply
- Samsung QN800B Neo QLED 8K Smart TV
Sampling of 8K benchmarks:
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition will be released tomorrow for $1,599. A variety of custom options will also be available, including what appears to be the most expensive one yet, the ASUS ROG GeForce RTX 4090, which has been listed at retailers for $1,999.99.