NVIDIA has announced that the GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition is now available alongside custom versions of the graphics card from the likes of ASUS, Colorful, Gainward, Galaxy, GIGABYTE, INNO3D, MSI, Palit, PNY, and ZOTAC, as well as from gaming system integrators and builders worldwide.
The graphics card offers up to 2x the performance of a GeForce RTX 3090 Ti and up to 4x in next-gen titles with full ray tracing, according to NVIDIA, but you can get a better sense of how the GPU performs in some of today’s hottest titles in our review here. A roundup of thoughts from other publications that were shared by NVIDIA can also be found below.
- “The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 is more powerful than we even thought possible.” – TechRadar
- “Fantastically, futuristically fast.” – PCWorld
- “I had to triple-check my benchmarks over and over during this review because I couldn’t believe my eyes. The GeForce RTX 4090 is a beast of a graphics card that marks a new era for PC gaming, where the high frames I’ve been getting used to at 1440p are now available in 4K.” – The Verge
- “So let’s get into some of the creator apps first. And this is going to be easy to talk about because the GeForce RTX 4090 just puts on a clinic, by absolutely demolishing every other card here. In a lot of cases it’s almost cutting rendering times in half.” – Hardware Canucks
- “Regular viewers will also know that power testing is a key focus for me in my GPU reviews. And no two ways about it, the GeForce RTX 4090 is a new efficiency champion.” – KitGuru
- “DLSS 3 is pure magic at this point, someone should check NVIDIA to see if they have a coven or something.” – TweakTown
Today’s games see their performance increase by up to 2X compared to the GeForce RTX 3090 Ti, and up to 4X in next-gen titles with full ray tracing! These previously impossible levels of performance give you the power to play fully ray-traced games such as Portal with RTX, NVIDIA Racer RTX, and Cyberpunk 2077 with the upcoming Ray Tracing: Overdrive Mode upgrade.
In creative apps, the GeForce RTX 4090 is up to 2X faster. Thanks to the addition of dual 8th Gen NVIDIA Encoders, which include support for the next-gen bandwidth-optimizing AV1 codec, export times are slashed in half for video production. Live streamers will see 40% better efficiency, allowing them to produce higher quality streams with the GeForce RTX 4090 added to their home production setups. And AI tools will speed up previously tedious tasks, like Rotoscoping in Blackmagic Design’s DaVinci Resolve, which will now be 70% faster than the previous gen on the new GeForce RTX 40 Series GPUs.
The most expensive custom GeForce RTX 4090 graphics cards that have been listed at the moment appear to be the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 OC Edition 24GB GDDR6X and GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 4090 XTREME WATERFORCE 24G. They cost $1,999.99 and $1,899.99, respectively.